Umzimkhulu Local Municipality is an administrative area in the Harry Gwala District of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa. Umzimkhulu is an isiXhosa and an isiZulu name meaning “Big/Great house”. About 90.8% of the population reside in rural areas, while the remaining 9.2% are urban based. Umzimkhulu faces severe backlogs with respect to water, sanitation and electricity provision. In addition, road infrastructure remains poor and provides only limited access to the area.
Me and you on the thing